If you are asked to provide information whilst using the site, it will only be used in the ways described in this policy. If you have any questions about this policy, please email us or write to Gas Fast Limited, 7 Byram Park Avenue, Byram, Knottingley, WF11 9EH.
We collect and use certain information in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions of this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website so that we can improve the information that we display.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
• Your name and address
• Contact details including telephone number and email address
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to customer enquiries
• Other information relating to special offers and surveys
• Your employment and education history (if applying for a job)
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, the information we hold about you may be used by us:
• For our own internal records
• To identify you if you contact us
• To improve the products and services we provide
• To contact you in response to an enquiry
• To customise the website for you
• To send you promotional emails, mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
• To carry out marketing analysis and reporting
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research purposes
Other organisations and third parties
We may from time to time allow other organisations and third parties use the information we hold about you. This information may be used for, but not limited to:
• Providing services you have asked for
• Payment processing and debt recovery
• Legal and regulatory purposes
• Processing applications for credit-related services
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. This data enables us to improve the website’s structure, design, content and functions.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with specific information that you will find more relevant.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality that you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any other information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling information we hold about you
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
• use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
• sharing Data with third parties
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily by writing to us at Gas Fast Limited, 7 Byram Park Avenue, Byram, Knottingley, WF11 9EH.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Accessing your data
You have the right to access information which we hold about you. If you so request, we shall provide you with a copy of your personal information we hold.
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You also have the following rights under data protection laws to request that we rectify your personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• request the erasure of your personal information erasure (“right to be forgotten”);
• restrict the processing of your personal information to processing to which you have given your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of others.
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the https://gasfast.org domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its data protection and privacy.